Henny Penny first introduced commercial pressure frying to the food service industry more than 50 years ago. Frying under pressure enables lower cooking temperatures for longer oil life and faster cooking times to meet peak demand. Pressure also seals in food’s natural juices and reduces the amount of oil absorbed into the product.
Today, Henny Penny pressure fryers continue to lead the industry in performance, durability, and innovation.
The Henny Penny PFG 691 cooks up to 8 head of freshly breaded bone-in chicken in a single load. For higher volume operations, that can mean significant savings in time, labor, frying oil, energy, and maintenance compared to an equivalent capacity of smaller pressure fryers from other manufacturers. You can also check out the model Henny Penny 600.
A powerful, extremely efficient heat exchange design generates fast temperature recovery while producing among the industry’s lowest average exhaust gas temperatures. Large loads are cooked evenly and handled easily with the patented counterbalance lift system.
Henny Penny pressure fryers have a built-in filtration system that filters and returns hot frying oil in minutes. No separate pumps and pans, no handling hot oil.
The Computron™ 8000 control features automatic, programmable operation, as well as energy-saving, filtration, and cook management functions.
Standard Features of Henny Penny PFG 691
- Patented counter-balanced lid lift and lock system for easy loading and unloading
- Heavy-duty stainless steel fry pot with 7-year warranty
- Rectangular fry pot design promotes turbulence for even cooking
- Fry pot is fully insulated for energy-efficient operation
- 4 high-efficiency burners with solid state ignition
- Patented draft-induced heat transfer technology
- Cold zone below burners helps extend oil life
- High-limit temperature protection
- Lid remains in locked position until pressure reaches 1 psi
- Built-in filtration system
- Raised edge on deck reduces spills
- Stainless steel construction for easy cleaning and long life
- 4 heavy-duty casters, 2 locking
- Computron™ 8000 control
- 10 programmable cook cycles
- Melt mode
- Idle mode
- Clean-out mode
- Water detection alert
- Load compensation
- Proportional control
- Optional filter prompt and customizable filter tracking
- 16-character digital display with multiple language settings
Accessories shipped with the unit
- Loading carrier
- Basket configuration, choose one:
- Full basket—4 flat wire baskets, 1 wire rack cover, rack handle
- Half-size rack—4 wire racks, 1 wire rack cover, rack handle
- Stirrer and drain clean-out rod
- Filter screen and 2 PHT filter envelopes
Accessories and options available separately
- Fryer Shortening Shuttle®
- Filter rinse hose OR
- Direct Connect shortening disposal