September is National Chicken Month, which means it’s the perfect time to try out some new chicken recipes. Whether you serve fast food or have a sit-down restaurant, we have some ideas that will work for everyone. Keep reading to learn about three tasty recipes for National Chicken Month that your patrons will love.
Chicken and Waffles-1st Recipe for National Chicken Month
In the southern United States, chicken and waffles are the ultimate brunch food because it’s perfectly savory and sweet. To make the chicken for this delectable dish, you’ll need:
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Peanut oil or another frying oil
- 500 mL of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black or white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 cup of unbleached flour for every chicken thigh
Combine half the spices with the buttermilk and place the chicken thighs in the buttermilk to marinate for at least two hours. Mix the other half of the spices with the flour. Once the chicken is done marinating, dip it in the flour and deep fry it until golden and fully cooked.
Mix up a standard waffle batter and pour it into a waffle iron. Cook until golden. Serve with the chicken and syrup of your choice.
Spicy Chicken Wings-2nd Recipe for National Chicken Month
Chicken wings are a favorite dish all over the world, and adding a bit of heat to them is a great way to celebrate National Chicken Month. To make your own spicy wings you’ll need:
- At least a dozen chicken wings
- 1/4 cup of unbleached flour for every wing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Peanut oil or another frying oil
- 1 12-ounce bottle of cayenne hot pepper sauce, more if doing more than 12 wings
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Combine the spices with the flour. Dip your wings into the flour combination, then fry them until golden brown. Once the wings are done, add the cayenne hot pepper sauce to a skillet and heat it, adding your tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and mixing until thoroughly combined. Toss your fried wings in the sauce and serve.
Chicken Pesto-3rd Recipe for National Chicken Month
Although pesto is traditionally thought of as a summer sauce, it perfectly complements chicken and deserves a spot on your menu during National Chicken Month. To make a pesto sauce that pairs perfectly with fried or grilled chicken, you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves without stems
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of fresh minced garlic or 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
Place the basil and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse until they’re finely chopped. Add minced garlic and shredded cheese and pulse until thoroughly combined. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor between pulses. Pour the olive oil into the food processor while you continue to pulse the pesto, sprinkling in your salt at the very end. Serve the sauce with grilled or fried chicken and pasta.
Among the many tasty recipes for National Chicken Month that your patrons will love are chicken and waffles, spicy chicken wings, and chicken pesto. If you need a commercial pressure fryer to fry up your chicken during this special month, reach out to DSL for high-quality commercial-grade fryers that you’ll love.