March 16th, 2020
DSL is closely monitoring the ever-changing developments surrounding COVID-19. We’re doing all we can to maximize the health and wellbeing of DSL staff, our customers and your teams, and the communities we serve.
Given the quickly changing nature of the situation, it isn’t easy to predict what the coming months will look like, but DSL is committed to providing the best possible customer experience while following the recommendations of the Government of Canada Public Health Agency and the World Health Organization.
Our offices remain open and available to assist you with parts orders, service requests, equipment inquiries, and to answer any questions you may have. Our frontline staff have been advised of the current best practices regarding hygiene, sanitization and social interaction to ensure we can support you safely. We’re supporting and encouraging staff to work remotely when possible and stay home if they have any symptoms. We’ve also eliminated group gatherings, open houses and suspended group training and are recommending alternative methods of communication to avoid meetings and travel.
We’re taking additional precautions within our network of service technicians working in the field and onsite at your businesses. Service technicians have been instructed on current best practices as recommended by the Government of Canada Public Health Agency. These include:
- Checking in with the owner/operator at the restaurant/store level to ensure they conform to the customer’s expectations regarding cleanliness and hygiene.
- Social distancing expectations and elimination of contact in greetings.
- A zero-tolerance sick policy.
- Latex gloves are provided to technicians for use when working on equipment.
- Industry-standard 35% food-grade peroxide used when sanitizing all equipment serviced by DSL technicians.
- Work orders will no longer require a signature on completion of service requests to limit the handling of smart devices.
- Use of augmented reality tools to remotely diagnose and troubleshoot basic equipment faults, then providing instruction on possible repairs to reduce our onsite presence.
We also encourage you to take advantage of the different ways you can connect with DSL:
- By phone: call 1-800-665-1125 for assistance during regular business hours.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remote troubleshooting: Contact DSL to see if remote troubleshooting is an option for your service request.
At DSL, our purpose is to create moments of joy, one serving at a time. At the core of our business is the relationships we’ve built across the foodservice industry. During these uncertain times, we’ll continue to seek innovative ways to best serve you. We thank you for your support and encourage you to take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your friends, colleagues and families.
President | DSL Ltd.